Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ghosts in my Paint



PAINTING PROCESS

My painting process? I have none. Only twice ever have I sat down with a sketch and said "I'm going to paint this!". It just never works out that way. My paintings are mostly all completely doodles. I just start freehand in paint. No pencils no plans.
I begin ramdomly with an ear, or a shoe and just travel on from there.
They usually turning out to be not at all what I thought they were going to be.
Kind of like children.
Quite often they will at one time or another have creatures and companions that disappear before it's finished. They are hiding in the canvas. I have ghosts in my paint.
A friend once told me I should try stopping once every hour, and take a picture. Then I could play all the shots together and see the evolution.
I'll have to try that on a big piece sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment